Wednesday, August 08, 2007

OK, it's 2:40 AM and I'm wide awake. . .again. So, here's a little shout out to my sistas who are probably not sleeping either. Holla Esther, Jamison, Lindsey, Erin and Kierstyn! You too Christi F.! Ooh, maybe you're up too Ashlee. I remember the days of late pregnancy and newborn babies, sometimes not-so-newborn babies. Know that it gets better. You and your husbands won't always walk around like sleepless zombies. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Know also that our family prays for each of you and your little ones on a regular basis. Oh the prayers of children are so sweet. If they forget one name and hear one of their siblings pray for the one they forgot, when that sibling is done, they will say, "I forgot something." And then they quickly pray for the one(s) they forgot before. James Daniel, Isaac, Adam and Andrew, Will, Benjamin, Micah, Elizabeth, Anthony and Gracie Mae are loved and prayed for by Austin, Addison, Anna-Kate and Ayden. (Probably Asa too, but his prayers are not as understandable yet; although, come to think of it, he does pray for "Jack, Anne Cichal, Wizzy, Memma, Miss Wachel and Psst Jon" in all his prayers, whether it's grace or bedtime.) Anyway, we do rejoice in the excitement of your little ones, but I understand that it also comes at a cost, with real pain and sacrifice. . .most anything worth having does. It's cliche-ish, I know, but "hang in there!"


My mom always told me, "This too shall pass!" She's also the one who pointed me to Psalm 103:1 which says "Bless the LORD, O my soul; let all that is within me bless His holy name." Did you catch that? "Let all that is within me bless His holy name." So, sleeplessness and weariness, bless the LORD! Tiredness and pain, bless the LORD! Tears and depression, bless the LORD! For He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases; He redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion. He satisfies my desires with good things, so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's (Psalm 103: 3-5). Be encouraged! I remember and I'm praying. I love you.

I will extol the LORD at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt His name together.
I sought the LORD, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
He delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
He protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
Psalm 25: 1-5; 17-20

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Thanks for the shout out! I was praying for you while I was up earlier in the night, and then again when I was up again. :)

It's good to hear that it will come to an end. Having already done this three times, I know that, but it's still hard sometimes. It's been really hard as of late because I don't feel like I got a break between Micah an Benjamin. I try to tell myself that one of these days, I will miss being needed so much.

Hearing that your children pray for mine is so sweet! And what a good mommy you are to do that with you children. I think it truly teaches them at a young age to value life.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I actually was awake at 2:40 last night, I was hot and couldn't get comfortable. In my anxiety to have this baby, it's nice to be reminded to turn to the Lord in all things, especially to rest in Him. So thank you for that!
Love,
Christi

Heather said...

I tried to call you tonight! Where was you? Where was you at?:) It has been way too long since we talked, so let's get together within the next few days. Love you!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

That is SO sweet. Thank you, ALL of you Ayers! It is so encouraging to know that we are being lifted up before the Lord, especially our boys. Being a mama is harder than I ever imagined but so much richer too. I look forward to the day when my little ones can pray outloud with us, so special!