Friday, July 20, 2007

THREE CHEERS FOR GRANDPARENTS

This past week we had visits from 3 grandparents. My mom, affectionately known as Savta (pronounced "sof-tuh"/also, the Hebrew word for grandmother), surprised us with a visit. She stayed 3 nights with us and 3 nights with Marian and Wade. We all enjoyed having her here and are thankful for the memories she gave us. We were sorry Oompah (my dad) couldn't come, as he is resting in WV with family there. We missed you dad!



Then, Kevin's parents came for a week-long vacation. We kept Papaw busy by making him paint with Kevin and the kids. I love that the kids have memories of painting with him. We broke out a 1,000 piece puzzle we'd been saving for a rainy day or two and that was fun to do with Memaw. I didn't forget that piece you put in too, Papaw.




We want to say thank you Savta and Oompah and Memaw and Papaw for all that you do and for how you love our family. What gifts you are to us! We are so very blessed! We love you and we thank God for you.

1 comment:

TexasPianoGirl said...

I love the shirts in the first picture! I wonder where they came from??? :)