Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Many of my brothers and sisters in Christ have reached out to me in the past week to remind me of how God loves me. Brian reminded me that my character is in Jesus and does not lie within the scope of my sin. He even said he (& Janelle) love my character. Thanks guys.

Sarah showed me that Christ took on my sin so that I could wear His righteousness. Amazing. Truly.

Wade told me to memorize Romans 8 and said he would too. He also said that we are not defined by what we do in a crisis, if we were, he'd be in BIG trouble. But instead, we are defined by who we are in Jesus. Hmmm, Romans 8:15-17 says For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:37 is good too: No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There's God's word for you, living and active, piercing through my darkest thoughts and attitudes. Thanks Wade. I'm so glad that Knox wasn't separated from God even in those darkest moments and I'm thankful that his moments of darkness didn't separate me from God either. This is a tough one for me to grasp.

Heather and Phama reminded me of how devious satan can be and told me not to believe his lies of shame and guilt. What would we do without Jesus? Where would we be? How do people make it without believing in Him?

Rachel, thanks for posting the picture of Knox and me. Watching you and Jon walk through this is amazing to see. Knowing God is your anchor strengthens me as well as others.

Dad, mom, Marian, Ashlee, Matt, Vicki, Sandy, Katharine, family, friends, and even those I don't know who have responded with God's truth and in prayer, I want to say, "Thank you." Thank you for pointing me to God's word and to Jesus. Thank you for praying for me, for Jon and Rachel, Anne Michal, Lizzy, Emma and Jack, and for Marian. I would ask that you also remember a few other children as well: Joshua, Christopher, Micah, Cara Beth, Austin, Addison, Anna-Kate, Ayden, Asa, Colin and Bella. OK, so maybe it's more than a few, but these are the ones who were also "there" that day (along with the Anderson children). Pray that these little ones would experience God's peace, reassurance and rest, that they would lie down and sleep in peace, for it is God alone who makes them dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8) And pray also however the Spirit leads you. Thanks again. You have ministered to my heart, my mind, my spirit and my soul. I love you.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hannah, you have ministered to my heart, my mind, my soul and spirit aswell - more thn yu could ever know. Your honesty in the struggle, gives me added strength to persevere myself in things not as hard as what you, Marian, Jon and Rachel are persevering in. I love you friend. Press on and keep on pressing on.

John said...

Hey Hannah, thanks for your honesty and praise God that He has surrounded you (us!) with godly counsel! We continue to pray for you and our WPC family.
G&P,
JohnF

Joshua Butcher said...

Thank you for testifying to the love of God that has been shed in your life through the ministry of His people. It is an encouragement to know that in the midst of a sinful world there are those who are committed to incarnating the love of Christ to the people around them. We serve an invisible God and for the time being our visible Lord is seated in Heaven where our eyes cannot reach, but thanks be to God that the Church is His hands and feet through the power of the Holy Spirit, loving one another as Christ taught us to love.

Your testimony is an inspiration of hope.

Kierstyn said...

Read this, thought of you(especially 12-14 and 16)
Love you! Keep searching, God will reveal himself to you.

Psalm 10
1 Why, O LORD, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?

2 In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises.

3 He boasts of the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the LORD.

4 In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

5 His ways are always prosperous; he is haughty and your laws are far from him; he sneers at all his enemies.

6 He says to himself, "Nothing will shake me; I'll always be happy and never have trouble."

7 His mouth is full of curses and lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.

8 He lies in wait near the villages; from ambush he murders the innocent, watching in secret for his victims.

9 He lies in wait like a lion in cover; he lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.

10 His victims are crushed, they collapse; they fall under his strength.

11 He says to himself, "God has forgotten; he covers his face and never sees."

12 Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless.

13 Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?

14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.

15 Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out.

16 The LORD is King for ever and ever; the nations will perish from his land.

17 You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,

18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hannah, Thanks for sharing your heart. May God bless you as you continue to seek Him even through your pain. May He reveal Himself to you in ways you've never known before. His love endures forever.