Tuesday, July 10, 2007






A CHALLENGE TO PARENTS

Sit down and write your child a letter. If you have more than one child, write more than one letter. Tell each one something wonderful and unique about him/her. Remind him that God has a plan for his life, plans to prosper him and not to harm him, plans for a hope and a future. Let her know how much you love her and that she is fearfully and wonderfully made. Put it in your own handwriting, even if you don't like your handwriting. Tell a story of your childhood, a lesson you learned from your own parents, a secret you shared with a good friend. Write a prayer, share a favorite Bible verse, have a friend (or a sister) take a picture of you with your child. I stole that part from a friend who challenged parents to take individual pictures with their kids. I think it's a GREAT idea. Then you could frame the letter with the picture and give it as a gift. It doesn't even have to be a birthday or a Christmas gift, just a "because you're so great" gift. Do something special and fun. Our children are a heritage from the Lord. They are blessings and they should know it.

Here are a few pictures of us with our kids. Most of them are a little old, but I don't have all of my pix on my computer, so I made do with what I had. At the top are pictures of Asa (left) and Ayden (right) with Kevin. Then Addison and Kevin are next. Anna-Kate, from last summer when she was missing her two front teeth with me and last, but not least, Austin and I from last summer also. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Joshua Butcher said...

I feel so blessed to know you all! Not only are you all great people, but It is like getting all the gems of parental wisdom before jumping into parenthood!