Thursday, July 26, 2007

A glimpse of Ayden's creative side. . .



Remember when I said I believed Ayden had a fiery passion to create, well, here is a prime example. He made this "hat" for me today. When I told him I was going to have Austin take a picture of it so I could post it on our blog, he took it back and spent another 30 minutes coloring it. He truly is an amazing kid. Constantly he is asking me if I want "this" or "that" as he finds old golf tees, clothes pins, vintage lids to containers we haven't used in years and cereal boxes. He will use glue, tape, string, even already-been-used tape, if he can get it removed. Then he creates these "treasures" that are indescribable. I believe that every room in our home is decorated with at least one of Ayden's creations. I wonder what this will mean for him in the long run. Whatever it means, I'm thankful for Ayden and this gift of his. I pray God uses it and him for His glory. I love you Ayden!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a hat! Very impressive Ayden.
Aunt Marian :)

Anonymous said...

Joshua says, "It looks like a turban. What kind of snake are you planning to charm?" he asks.

Anonymous said...

Micah says, "Its a nice hat, Ayden. It is very tall. Have a good night."

Brian Franklin said...

Ayden, we love you so much! That is an excellent hat! And a great photo too - who's the amazing photographer!?

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful hat! Great job Ayden!

Lesley

Jamison said...

Hannah,
Ayden is so cute...he reminds me of a little Peter Pan. That hat is church worthy--beautiful job, Ayden!!