Tuesday, July 17, 2007

DON'T JUST STAND THERE, BUST A MOVE





Those who know me well, know that I like to "shake a leg" every now and then. Until recently, it had been a while since I had danced with someone (other than by myself). This doesn't include the occasional slow dance I enjoy with Kevin when a song moves us in that direction. I'm talking about bustin' a move and really jammin'. Well, the other day, Ayden and I were in the kitchen and an old dancing song came on the radio and Ayden joined me and we "got down". I hadn't had that much fun dancing since Kevin and I used to go dancing with some old friends in WV. (That's a shout out to Andy and Jerri!) Well, Ayden and I had so much fun, that we decided to include his siblings and cousins in on the fun that afternoon at his cousins' house. Aunt Marian took some pictures of our jam session. I thought I'd share them with you. Enjoy.







7 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

I wish I could go back to the days when I didn't care about how poor a dancer I was.

Now that I have to dance in front of 150 or so people on Saturday, I'm not feeling so excited (but at least I get the girl!!)

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman!!! I dance with the kids sometimes but won't even do it with Jon in the room I am so terrible. I would like to attend one of these sessions as an audience member. ;-) Maybe I could man the camera and Marian could join in!...Rachel

Brian Franklin said...

Sorry I missed it. The closest thing I did to dancing was play softball last night. Some would say that my base-running is like The Nutcracker ballet on dirt and grass...

Kierstyn said...

What fun pictures!! They brought a smile to my day. No wonder the babies are all so happy when they leave the nursery!

TexasPianoGirl said...

Looks like great fun... I'll come over next time and "break it down" with all of you.

On a side note... it looks like Asa might want to disown you guys by looking at the pictures :)

Miss you!

Steffanie

Anonymous said...

Look at the forth pic of Ayden.
Austin A

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there.....That looks like so much fun....and when did Ayden learn those moves....he's like John Travolta.