Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I BELIEVE. . .

God is the same yesterday, today, forever.
God is the author, perfector and the finisher of my faith.
I am a sinner.
my sin is so ugly that I am too ashamed to admit it out loud.
God is bigger than my sin.
God's ways are higher than my ways.
life was difficult when I was 20, and again when I was 27, but those times do not compare to the past 3 months.
mourning the death of Knox may be the most difficult thing I will ever go through.
I am not walking this path alone.
I am still learning who I am.
God loves me.
God understands my struggle.
God created Kevin just for me and me for him.
Kevin is mourning also. He's just stronger than I and he's better at hiding it.
God's word is true. . .every part of it.
Ayden's eyelashes are the longest of any 4-year old I've ever seen.
I could live on Asa's laughter.
cousins are a precious gift to my children.
friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them. (Corny, I know, but I still believe it.)
a loving marriage is a gift from God.
"intimacy" is not overrated--when it is in the bounds of marriage.
"intimacy" outside of marriage will hurt your spirit in the long run.
saving yourself for marriage is sooo worth it and "dating" lots of people is sooo not worth it.
God reveals Himself through His word, as well as His people.
witchcraft and sorcery are evil and putting it under the guise of fantasy, fun, imaginary, even Christian, is dangerous. God hates it and calls it an abomination.
there is no such thing as "good" magic. Ask my little brother, he'll tell you how it almost destroyed him.
most people who read the above will laugh it off and not give it a second thought by saying, "Oh, she's one of THOSE people." I am. Sorry.
we'll just have to agree to disagree. I won't change my mind about this one.
"A" names are cool.
Austin is worthy of honor, for he has Jesus in his heart.
Addison reflects Christ's image.
Anna-Kate is a picture of pure grace.
Ayden has a fiery passion to create; hopefully, that will translate into his own personal walk with the LORD.
Asa's heart will be toward the LORD all his days. (Maybe that's more my hope.)
God reformed my faith and the faith of my husband.
in Heaven and hell.
God's discipline is sometimes painful, but it is necessary for growth.
in God the Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried. He descended into hell. The third day, He arose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father, Almighty. From thence, He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not laughing...RachelA

Anonymous said...

I completely agree that "A" names are cool. That wasn't our plan, but it might become that way. And I'm with Rachel, I'm not laughing either.

Love,
Christi

Kierstyn said...

I read this post, and did think, "She's one of those people."

But I meant that she (you!) is one of those people who I admire, and hope to be more like. She (you) is one of those people who make me smile, laugh and encourage me every time I'm with her (you).

Love you!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

"A" names are SUPER cool. I didn't plan ours that way either, they just happened to be my top picks for boy names.

Thanks for sharing!