Thursday, September 27, 2007

OK, Kierstyn tagged me. . .
or maybe I should say that Micah tagged me. Anyway, I'm supposed to list 8 random things about me. So, here goes. . .

1. I was a cheerleader from 3rd grade through college and served as my squad's captain my senior year at King. My record number of backhandsprings in a row across the floor was 8.

2. I got a tattoo on my 30th birthday with one of my good friends from college. Here's a shout out to Dara! I have told my children that when they turn 30, they may get one too.

3. When I was born, my legs were deformed. It was one way in which my father could tell Marian and I apart. When I began walking the doctors prescribed braces for my legs. My parents watched me try to maneuver in them for a day and they said it broke their hearts. They prayed and felt like God told them He would heal me through my infant baptism. I never wore the braces again. They had me baptized and made me wear my shoes on the wrong feet for a while. They knew God had healed me one day when my mom walked into the living room and asked my dad if he had seen Marian. He replied, "She just walked down the hall." When mom went to check, she found me at the end of the hall and yelled back to tell dad that it was me. He said that he thought it was Marian because of how well I had walked.

4. My dad called Marian and me "babe" while we were growing up because he couldn't tell us apart. We tease him now by saying that he can tell our husbands apart.

5. The first time I saw Kevin, I felt that I would marry him.

6. My first pregnancy was a tubal pregnancy and it exploded in my right tube. Kevin says he was anxiously awaiting throughout the surgery to hear how it was going and when the doctor came out, he was walking down the hall, shaking his head and looking down. Kevin then was expecting the worst. The doc told him, "We couldn't save the tube." Kev replied that he didn't care about the tube, he just wanted to know how his wife was. Doc said something like, "Oh she's fine, but she only has one tube. Prepare yourself. Quite likely, you may never have children."

7. I have begun training for a marathon 4 different times. Each time I stopped because I got pregnant.

8. Besides cheerleading, growing up I was a member of a jump rope team in elementary school, played 3rd base for the Docs in little league softball, swam backstroke, butterfly and IM (Individual Medley) for the local swim team and played one year of volleyball at Andrew Jackson Junior High. (Go Raiders!) Our High School's name was/is Nitro High School and our biggest football rival was/is Poca High School. Their mascot is a dot--I kid you not--a big red dot. They are the Poca Dots. Ahhh, West Virginia. I do love it!!

If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. Hee hee.

The other day I posted pictures of Cara Beth, because she's such a cutie and I love her so. Well, I love these 3 boys too. Joshua, Christopher and Micah, I'm so glad I get to be your aunt. You continually bless me with your spunk and spirit. What delightful nephews you are!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the word is out on your tattoo. I've almost brought that up on a number of occasions and then held my tongue. Hee hee.
Marian :)

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh so hard! I loved the Poca dots and I also want to see your tattoo. ;-) Thanks for the smiles!

Love, Christi

Kierstyn said...

I want a tattoo! Curtis and I almost got "matching" ones for our anniversary a couple years ago. Maybe for our 7th.... hmmm.

thanks for being such a good sport!

Kierstyn

Jamison said...

I just want to see those back handsprings.