Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I love my church. . .

I love the sisterhood I feel with women of all ages: Andrea, Victoria, Dayna, Elise, Steffanie, Leslie, Katharine, Janelle, Hannah, Ashlee, Jamison, Kierstyn, Suzy, Wendy, Debbie, Jorja, LuAnn, Peggy, Carol, Sandy. I could go on and on.


I love that it IS a family. God, in His word, calls us to weep with those who weep and to rejoice with those who rejoice. Currently we are weeping with Jon and Rachel and their children and rejoicing with Michael and Christi.

I love that we agree in prayer for one another: Delores and Walt, Jack and Madeline

I love that we have the same hope of eternity with Jesus and those who have gone on before us: Knox, Ruth, Virginia.

I love our community group: Kenny, Jorja, Ethan, Katherine, Matt, Ashlee, Gracie Mae, Cody, Sarah. Talk about great fellowship! Anyone else wanna join us?

I love that Brian and Janelle will disciple and (continue to) love my kids when they get to be a part of the youth group. . .if it is the Lord's will for Brian and Janelle to stay with us that long. I hope it is in His plan.


I love Sunday lunches with my sister and her family, Patricia, Joshua and Hannah, Brian and Janelle, Matt, Ashlee and Gracie Mae, Michael, Andrew, Jamison and Isaac, Mark and LuAnn, and a few others who make appearances on a semi-regular basis: Eric and Theresa, Amanda

I love all those covenant children. I'm afraid to start naming them all for fear I'll leave someone out. You parents know who I'm talking about.


I love that my husband has true friendships: Wade, Jon, John, Norval, Bo. I'm sure I'm missing a few.


One of the things I hate though is saying goodbye. It seems we've had too many goodbyes lately. Although we still hold the Kents, Fergusons, Newcomers, Gallaghers, Whites and Dunlaps in our hearts and our prayers, it just hurts to let them go. We miss you.

5 comments:

Jamison said...

Me too, Hannah. I am happier at this church and in this stage of life than I have ever been before. The women at our church are kind and amazing, and I am so pleased to be included in the group.

Jamison said...

Wait, not that I'M kind and amazing, but just that the kind and amazing people let me hang with them.
LOL
I need more sleep.

ninepoundhammer said...

We love y'all--and everyone else you mentioned--right back!

Heather said...

Hannnaaaaaahhhhh!!!! Uggghhhh! And I wasn't gonna cry today.

We love you too and of course everybody mentioned and dream for the day when we will come HOME.

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Hannah, I can't tell you how much it means to be mentioned in this post! I couldn't help but feel sad as I read, knowing that we aren't officially in your church family anymore. So imagine my delight to read that you're still thinking of us! =)

We miss worshiping with all of you so much, and we're looking forward to still seeing y'all now and then and softball games and parties.