Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've lost count. . .


So, I don't know what round this is, but Sarah is back in the hospital. She went to a different hospital yesterday evening. They treated her symptoms with some pain medicine and caffeine (why, I don't know) and then sent her home because she was feeling better. Then this evening, all of her symptoms returned, with a vengeance, and she is back in the ER. This time she is at Baptist Hospital in Oklahoma City. When I spoke to her, she had just gotten into an ER room (after 3 1/2 hours of waiting) and was continuing to wait for a doctor to come see her.

She was tearful when I spoke to her and she sounded tired, tired of this ride. I prayed with her. Will you pray too? Will you pray for my sister's complete healing, for her health to return to her and that she would not suffer any long-term consequences from the meningitis? Also, please keep her husband, Derek, and their children, Elizabeth (17) and Jenna (13) in your prayers too. Ask that God would take away their fears and give them His peace which surpasses understanding.

Thank you.

This is a picture of Jenna with Austin and Joshua. They are more than cousins. They are great friends.


And these are my nieces, Hannah (Wyndi's daughter) and Elizabeth (Sarah's daughter) is on the right.


This is Jenna and Derek:


This is Sarah, doing what she does best. She is a pediatric nurse in labor and delivery. She is actually taking care of her/our nephew, James, in this picture.


We're still praying Sarah. I love you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patricia said...

I'm praying, Hannah.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Oh my! Poor thing, I'm so sad that this keeps happening. Praying!

Sarah B. said...

Thanks to everyone for praying. I am at home resting. Resting without a headache thank the Lord. No numbness or tingling today and also I have an appointment with a new neurologist on Tuesday. Again thanks to all for your prayers. You can check out some of my blogs about my mission trip and health stuff, etc at www.motherdaughtermissionalbania.blogspot.com

God Bless,
Sarah

Kierstyn said...

Thanks for the update Sarah!

I'll continue to pray for all of you!

Jamison said...

We will keep praying!!!!

Anonymous said...

I never got the chance to ask you how she's doing now? It was on the tip of my tongue during announcements today but I never managed to say it. I was running around like a crazy teacher today and missed our hang out time with the littles too. Sigh. Maybe next week.