Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

I, like Rachel, had been dreading Easter this year. My memories of last Easter were still so very vivid. It was a little chilly that day, but that didn't hinder us from venturing outside where the kids had a big Easter egg hunt. My friend, Vicki, had hosted the event at her house. She's such a great host. The food was delicious and I remember lots of laughter and sweet moments of watching all the kids play together and love on one another. Adults and kids played together. It was just sweet.

But then, "How do we do it again this year?" I wondered. Uugh. We're missing someone so precious, so vital. I didn't want to do it without him. But we must.

So, we all gathered again. This time at Suzy's house, but much of the same crowd was there. A few more, a few less. I felt myself feeling the same things I felt last year. Sweet memories were being made. Parents playing with children. Kids hunting eggs. Guys and gals "catching up". Laughter and sweetness. This year though, tears were shed, as we remembered Knox. Oh how we miss Knox! He would have been chasing Asa around as Asa chased Jack and Jack chased Ayden.

But this Easter was truly good and sweet too. God was in our midst. He comforted me in my sorrow and he brought laughter through tears. He reminded me that He knows my pain. He will carry me/us through this. While our hearts long for His return, we do what we can to enjoy Him in the now and the here. The pain is still with me, but so is His love. And for that, I am eternally grateful. Our God is good and I love Him with all that I am.

2 comments:

rachel said...

that pretty much sums up how I felt about the day too but hadn't put into words. I never not knew he wasn't there but the day was still joyful.A day where joy and sorrow truly met.

Patricia said...

I've been thinking about Knox a lot more in these last few weeks and God has been bringing to mind you all, the Andersons, and everyone else who has been touched by Knox's life. Please know that I've been praying for you all each day that Christ would demonstrate joy in suffering.