Saturday, February 16, 2008

When you see Anna-Kate at church tomorrow,

ask her how she did in her basketball game. As her mother, I am taking the liberty of "stealing her thunder", so to speak. This is her second year to play basketball and we are more than half-way through this season. Only 2 games left. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, in the 2 years she's played, she's just not that aggressive and she can often be seen on the court, watching her team play. See below. . .



But not today. She scored ladies and gentleman!!! Her first time ever. It was great. In the league where she plays, they usually try to match up the teams, skill for skill. Well, someone messed up on Anna-Kate's behalf today, because the star of the other team was the one covering Anna-Kate and she, in turn, was to cover her. I bet the other girl scored more than 12 points for her team. Anna-Kate just couldn't keep up.

But then Anna-Kate had a moment, one beautiful moment. She was dribbling the ball down the court, and by some miracle, she broke away from the giant who was covering her and drove it right down the lane and then she did it. She shot a lay-up and she made it. Oh I was sooo proud of her. I cried. Aunt Marian cried. If Ashlee had been there, she would have cried too. (I can always count on Ashlee.) It was a great moment.

Way to go Anna-Kate! I love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cried. How cool is that!!!!! Go Anna Kate! 143

Patricia said...

Yay Anna Kate!!! I'm proud of her too. :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH Anna-Kate! Hope to see you Tuesday and give you a congratulations hug!

Jamison said...

AWWW YAY!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture is priceless! I love it! And yes, I WOULD have cried :).
Ashlee

Heather said...

Way to go Anna Kate!!! We love you!!!!!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hey, just wanted to thank you for what you wrote on the boys' blog. You have a gift of loving on people with your words! I wish I had your email address. Hope you are all doing well!