Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sarah update



She DOES have spinal meningitis--the viral kind. Here's a copy of an email Marian sent last night. . .

I thought I would send another update before going to bed b/c dad and mom will
wake up and wonder the latest news. Esther & Laura both just called a little
bit ago and both said that Sarah was diagnosed with spinal meningitis (the viral
kind). The drs. say 3 more days of a good-sized headache and fever, but really
it just has to run its course. They may send her home tomorrow (Thursday) with
a pic-line (not sure how that's spelled) but basically that means medications
can be given through the I-V. What a day. And I was here in TX and not in OK.
I'm so thankful for the gift of a large family. We love you Derek, Sarah,
Elizabeth & Jenna, Wyndi & Bryan & Hannah, Jenna & Brian, Esther & Rico,
Jacqueline, Jonathan & James & John. I know I was tense all day and I'm 8 hours
away. Please know that everyone is still praying. We love you all.
in Christ our strength,
Marian


Thank you for your continued prayers for our sister.

1 comment:

ninepoundhammer said...

Praise the Lord that she is on the road to recovery. Scary stuff.