Monday, April 07, 2008

There's no place like home. . .



Anna-Kate said to me this morning, as we were grocery shopping, "Mommy, do you know what's better than Disney World?. . .Our Family!!"

I hope she would still say that if she were to ever visit there. But I agree with her 100 percent. Kevin and I spent last week in Orlando. Best Buy picked up the tab for approximately 1,000 employees and their guests. They gave us free tickets to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks, as well as a one-day pass to Disney. They paid for our stay at the Hard Rock hotel, our airline tickets and many of our meals. We had a fantastic time and we so appreciate everything Best Buy and it's sponsors (vendors) did to make it possible AND enjoyable.

Marian and Wade graciously took care of the kids for us and so we knew they were in good hands. But boy did we miss them! Everywhere we turned, the things we saw reminded us of them. As the sun came up Saturday morning, I was out of bed pretty early and ready to head for home. Kevin and I were both ready to get back to those we love. Unfortunately, as events took place, our flight was delayed and then cancelled and then it spiraled downward from there. We finally made it home around 5:00 am Sunday morning where we stumbled into bed; although, Kevin was right back up at 6:30 in order to get to work and open the store. No rest for the weary you might say.

I finally got to see the kids around 1:00 pm and THAT was one of the most fun times I've ever had in my entire life. Disney doesn't hold a candle to the greetings I received from our children and niece and nephews. It is so good to be home.

That is the short version. . .here's a picture for Matt. . .

5 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

Even though the picture is for Matt, can I make jokes about it too!?

Janelle said...

We're glad to have you back as well! And it looks like ya'll had lots of fun. Have I ever told you before what an encouragement it is to see you still so much in love with that hubby of yours? It's a wonderful counter to the message we get from today's culture.

ninepoundhammer said...

Awesome mouse hat picture!! I reckon I owe you for that one--I didn't think you could get him to do it.

By the way, if you are ever interested, the story behind the Disney castle (based on Ludwig II--the Swan King's--Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria) is an interesting one:
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein]

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Hannah! We missed you.

Jamison said...

I'm so happy to have you back in College-Awesome-Station...it was lacking something special while you guys were gone.
=)