Thursday, November 26, 2009

This year, all of our kids wrote a poem to share at our Thanksgiving feast. They felt I should write one too and I willingly agreed. I'll post theirs later, when I have them in front of me and if Marian doesn't beat me to the punch. But here's what I came up with today. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

Thanksgiving 2009

Oh the many things I am thankful for
My Savior's love does pour, Kevin loves me more and more
and we have adorable kiddos galore!

Austin was thrown into the mix back in the year of '96
His kicks come from his basketball picks and his licks come when his mind sticks.
That's how he gets his fix.

Then in '98 we knew we weren't done when Addison became our second son
He's tons of fun, loves to run,
but his soccer team, sadly, never won.

Anna-Kate, my girl, is mine that came third in line
she's oh so fine and seldom does she whine
as long as she is first in line.

Then in 2002, who knew we'd have someone new? Son #4, Ayden, 'tis true.
Three kids in diapers means lots of poo and many extra chores to do.
Our home was looking a lot like a zoo. Whew!

And what a surprise in 2005, when Asa, our fifth child did arrive!
He and Ayden jump and jive and move about like bees in a hive.
It's fun and alive until Ace, from the bed, takes a nose dive. Oh the joys of having five!

Anna-Kate says don't forget, Sugar, Ginger and Pippen, our surviving pet.
He does lick, stink and wet, and get me upset. Oh, how I fret!
And yet, we are better with the pets we have met.

So many blessings to be thankful for, family and friends who open their door.
We share Jesus as our core, our sins that He wore, and because of the grace He does pour, our lives can mean so much more.

1 comment:

Dabney 11 said...

Love it. You're so creative. Way to go sis! When you read your poem last night it was fun to watch each child's eyes light up and smile sweep across each face as you read about each one in turn. You're such a good mom.
Mar