Thursday, April 09, 2009

Day 2--Pottytraining



Well, we had to change clothes 4 times today, but that doesn't necessarily mean things went badly. He woke up in the morning with a dry pullup and then went to the potty. Success #1! Yea!!!

Then, later I suggested he go again and he did, but his aim was a little off and so he still got his britches wet. I count that a success even though we had to change his clothes.

Then as I was schooling in the afternoon, he had an accident. I had asked him if he needed to go. He said, "No," but then went and hid behind the couch. That took the wind out of my sails a bit, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Later as I was putting clothes in the dryer, I heard him run in the back door yelling, "I gotta go poopy! I gotta go poopy!" Everything made it into the toilet. That was great!!!

Then he had another experience where his aim was off and his pants weren't down far enough, but he was at the toilet when it happened, so I count that as a plus.

Lastly, we were at a volleyball game and he started to have an accident and stopped mid-stream and said, "I gotta go. I gotta go." We ran to the bathroom and he finished in the potty.

All-in-all a very good Day 2. Thanks for the encouragement Marian and Ashlee. Thanks for the prayers Rachel. I need them so I don't lose my head. On to Day 3.

2 comments:

Dabney 11 said...

Don't give up Asa and Hannah! You're both doing great.

Anderson Family said...

Woohoo!! Sounds like a great day 2!!...Rachel