Monday, July 14, 2008

Last night. . .

Pastor Jon & Mr. Josh took Austin, Addison, Anne Michal and Lizzy to a Bombers baseball game. While they were out, I was remembering the times my dad took me to see the (Charleston) Charlies play. I have such sweet memories of those games and as I was reminiscing, I said a short prayer that Anne Michal, Lizzy, Austin & Add would make a sweet memory together.

When they got home, I knew as soon as I opened the door that God had answered my prayer. All four children were standing there and they were just beaming and they were giddy. Yes, Addison was giddy. ;) They told me how they were the main attraction for "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". Someone asked them if they wanted to help out with the song and they all said, "Yes!!" Austin said the microphone was "this close" to him. (Use your imagination) And Anne Michal's Bombers Bingo card won her a free ticket to another game. So, although the Bombers lost the game, it was not a loss for our children.

Thanks to Chris & Debbie for passing on the tickets. Thank you Jon & Josh for including our boys. They had a great time and made a sweet memory and this mom was very blessed. I wish I had some pictures but, alas, I do not. Sorry.

2 comments:

Joshua Butcher said...

If the boys are up for another go-around, Hannah and I are taking Anne Michal to the game on Tuesday, so that she can use her free ticket. Although they would have to pay for the tickets this time, Tuesday is "kids eat free" night at the ballpark, so they would at least make their money back in food.

rachel said...

jon try to call me so i could hear them sing but i didn't get to my phone in time!!