Friday, July 04, 2008

I Love the 4th of July!




Because my best friend in high school, Kim Erskine, was born on this day, just 40 years ago. The picture above was taken at my house before our Junior/Senior Prom. She and her date, and my date and I all met for pictures before leaving for the evening. That picture is so like her. It always makes me smile. She was such a good friend to me.

Anyway, she and I celebrated her birthday many times on the Kanawha River (in West Virginia) while watching the fireworks. She used to say the whole country celebrated her birthday. Oh, how I miss her! She had a great sense of humor and we had some great times together. So, where ever you are, Kim Erskine, I hope this day is a great one for you! Happy Birthday. I miss you friend and I love you dearly. God be with you!

Just a few more shots for good measure. . .
Here we are in the van getting ready to leave for a youth beach trip. Aren't those sunglasses hot?! And yes, we are both sportin' a mullet. . .ahhhh, the 80s.


At Ocean Isle Beach on one of our youth beach trips. . .


Kimberly Rae Erskine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a sweety. Sure would be good to hear from her again. Love you :) Sarah

Anonymous said...

By the way....good thing you got to see the fireworks as a child with her. The only time I ever actually got to see fireworks growing up was the two times I was with someone else....we were always "looking for the perfect place" and we could hear them going off in the distance :) I guess half the fun was in the search....or at least that's what I tell myself. :) Loved it.
143, Sarah

Jamison said...

Yall look like you could have been on "Footloose" or something.
LOL
Love the pics.