Saturday, December 27, 2008

17 Years and Counting. . .

Tomorrow marks mine and Kevin's 17th year of being married. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that we got hitched. Here are 17 reasons why I love him so:

1. He points me to Jesus.

2. He holds my hand in public.

3. Wherever we go, he sits in the seat that faces the door.

4. He opens the door for me still.

5. He delights in the delights of our children.

6. He lets me wear his big coat when it's really cold outside.

7. He tickles me even when I'm yelling for him to stop.

8. He plays video games with the kids.

9. He remembers my birthday.

10. He tells me secrets.

11. He keeps my secrets.

12. He holds my hand in private.

13. He loves his parents.

14. He loves my parents.

15. He does the Caddyshack gopher dance for my eyes only.

16. He's athletic.



17. He covers me in prayer before he leaves for work each day.

This list of 17 was so much easier to come up with than the previous one. I could go on and on, but then what would I do next year? Happy Anniversary Baby. I love you with all my heart.

7 comments:

Dabney 11 said...

Kevin makes me laugh too, often 'til my stomach hurts.
Mar :)

Kierstyn said...

Happy anniverary! You and Kevin are so sweet, and I treasure the time that I spend with you guys! Your marriage encourages me!! I love you!

Christi said...

Happy Anniversary! I love hearing you talk about Kevin and hearing y'all's stories. I love reason #3. Michael does the same thing and I think it's cute and quirky. Thanks for sharing!

ninepoundhammer said...

Happy anniversary! I wish I would have known yesterday so I could have congratulated y'all.

Now, the important stuff: I must--I MUST--see Kev's gopher dance.

'I'm alright! Nobody worry about me!'

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the trendy green knee highs for the softball games! Congratulations! I'm so glad God put y'all in mine and Matt's life!

Jamison said...

Happy Anniversary! I miss you so much, Hannah.

Anonymous said...

I'm late in congratulating, but congratulations. I was just checking-up on you blog today. Glad to see that all's well.